During this year’s Risk Management Educational Forum, the Authority will recognize an individual who best exemplifies the practice of risk management in the public sector. Nominations for this prestigious award can be for anyone who works at a member agency, and is someone who:
- thinks through the implications of risk in the carrying out of local government programs and services;
- works to support traditional or enterprise risk management efforts for the member agency;
- develops, implements and administers loss prevention and loss control programs to mitigate risk exposures for the member agency;
- coordinates support systems that serve the member’s risk management goals and needs;
- influences others in developing quality risk management programs for the member agency.
To nominate someone, including self-nominations for the Capstone Award, please click on this survey link. Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 2, 2016. Click here for more information on the award, or contact Abraham Han by email or at 562-467-8778 with any questions.
The 2016 Forum, entitled Weathering the Storm, will be held at the Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort and Spa from October 12 – 14.