Each year at the Authority’s Risk Management Educational Forum, the Authority presents the Capstone Award to an individual who best exemplifies the practice of risk management in the public sector. To qualify for this award, individuals must work at a member agency and fulfill the following criteria:
- Think through the implications of risk in the carrying out of local government programs and services.
- Work to support traditional or enterprise risk management efforts for the member agency.
- Develop, implement, and administer loss prevention and loss control programs to mitigate risk exposures for the member agency.
- Coordinate support systems that serve the member’s risk management goals and needs.
- Influence others in developing quality risk management programs for the member agency.
To nominate an individual for the Capstone Award (self-nominations are also accepted), click on this survey link. Nominations will be accepted until 5:00 pm on Thursday, June 1, 2017. Click here for more information on the award, or contact Abraham Han by email or at 562-467-8778 with any questions.
The 2017 Forum, entitled Risk Management: Facing the Future Together, will be held at the Fess Parker Resort in Santa Barbara from October 11 – 13.