The California JPIA recognized six Authority members for their risk management achievements by honoring them with the 2017 Risk Management Award. The Risk Management Awards highlight dedicated efforts and accomplishments in risk management, recognizing Authority members that have demonstrated the best overall performance in the Liability Program and the Workers’ Compensation Program. To select the winners, Authority staff evaluated various factors that reflect an organization’s risk management efforts, including the cost of claims and their progress towards completing action plan items.
For the Primary Liability Program, the Best Overall Performance Award winners were:
- For non-municipal agencies: Southern California Association of Governments
- For municipal agencies without police exposure: City of Bradbury
- For municipal agencies with police exposure: City of Fountain Valley
For the Primary Workers’ Compensation Program, the Best Overall Performance Award winners were:
- For non-municipal agencies: Big Bear City Community Services District
- For municipal agencies without public safety exposure: City of Westlake Village
- For municipal agencies with public safety exposure: City of Signal Hill
The award winners were honored at the Authority’s Board of Directors meeting on July 19, 2017 at the Authority’s La Palma campus.