The California JPIA offers its members professional development opportunities to participate in Authority academies and training that primarily focus on specific, public sector disciplines.
The Risk Management and Parks & Recreation Academies took place in January and February, and upcoming academies include:
- Leadership Academy (March 24-26, Paso Robles)
- Executive Academy (April 6-8, Huntington Beach)
- Human Resources Academy (April 21-23, Huntington Beach)
- Public Works Academy (June 16-18, Indian Wells)
- Management Academy (Sept 28-Oct 1, Paso Robles)
The registration process for academies adheres to guidelines that ensure members who need specific training can attend. Priority will be given in academy registration as follows:
- A member of the California JPIA
- First-time registrant for the academy or attended the academy more than three years ago
- Agency responsibilities approximate those of the intended academy audience
- Accompanied by no more than one other person from the same agency
For information about academies or the registration process, contact Michelle Aguayo, Training Coordinator, by email or by phone at (562) 467-8777.