Issue 100 - June 2020
100th Digital Edition of The Authority
This month we celebrate the 100th digital edition of The Authority newsletter. Over 1,800 members and partners read the monthly newsletter. Before it was possible to read the newsletter on your laptop or mobile device, readers learned about Authority happenings through a traditional hard copy newsletter format that was first published in January 1980.
“The newsletter is an essential form of communication for the Authority,” said Chief Executive Officer Jon Shull. “It allows us to communicate relevant, timely information directly with our members in an accessible, easy-to-navigate environment. That shared knowledge is a core benefit of Authority membership.”
The digital newsletter features six sections:
- News: Worthy – information of interest to members, training and educational events, and happenings at the Authority
- Re: Members – inside stories and shared experiences from Authority members
- Pro: Files – features Authority staff and business partners
- Risk Solutions – risk management matters and program updates
- Legal Matters – attorney opinions and legal updates affecting public agencies
- The Court Report – case law and relevant recent rulings
- Coverage Matters – information and updates on the Authority’s coverage programs
- Legislative Updates – legislative updates and Authority advocacy efforts
The newsletter is sent via Constant Contact, an email distribution platform, and is also available on the Authority’s website. The analytics speak to the newsletter’s effectiveness in dispatching essential news and information. Since 2012, the newsletter has maintained an average open rate of 36.18% (measures the percentage rate at which email campaigns are opened) and a click rate of 28.85% (how many successfully delivered campaigns registered at least one click); both statistics are well above the industry average. Since its inception, the newsletter has been sent to more than 115,636 readers and yielded 11,401 clicks, demonstrating members’ engagement with the Authority’s vast resources.
Publishing our 100th edition of The Authority newsletter issue is a notable milestone for the Authority. We thank you for your readership and encourage you to share suggestions for future coverage.< Back to Full Issue Print Article