Issue 108 - February 2021
COVID-19 Vaccination Programs in the Workplace
Earlier this month, the California JPIA presented a webinar discussing legal and other unique issues related to COVID-19 vaccination programs in the workplace.
Webinar panelists included Jeff Rush, Workers’ Compensation Program Manager; Paul Zeglovitch, Liability Program Manager; Kelly Trainer, partner with Burke, Williams & Sorensen, LLP; and Giovanni Valencia, partner with Hayford, Felchlin, Valencia & McWhorter.
The webinar covered several issues, including:
- An update on California’s vaccination plan
- Legal issues to consider with vaccination programs
- Mandatory versus voluntary vaccination programs
- Vaccination programs in a unionized setting
- Religious and medical condition/disability exemptions
- Wage and hour issues
- Incentive program considerations
- Employee safety and privacy-related issues
- Liability exposure
- Workers’ compensation considerations and benefits
The Authority has not taken a position on mandating COVID-19 vaccinations. Members are advised to consult with their legal counsel when deciding the vaccination program that will be implemented at their workplace.
To view the webinar, click here. For additional information, including webinars and FAQs, visit our COVID-19 Information & Resources web page. If you have any questions, contact your assigned Risk Manager.< Back to Full Issue Print Article