Registration is now open for the Authority’s Leadership Academy, being held from March 12 – 14, 2019 at the Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara. The Leadership Academy is designed for all senior management-level employees and department directors, and this year, the focus will be on the increasingly complex and challenging demands on local governments. Participants will discuss and learn about the following topics:
- The Job-Person-Environment Assessment
- Trust, strategic thinking, and innovation
- A leader’s role in liability and workers’ compensation
- Transforming your organization through great leadership
- Public service ethics / making decisions in the gray zone
- Conflict resolution: leadership strategies, tools, and techniques to help employees get along
Those interested in attending should submit a “request to register” through myJPIA on the Authority’s website, cjpia.org by January 10, 2019. For more information about this academy, contact Michelle Aguayo, Training Coordinator, via email or at (562) 467-8777.