May 2–4, 2022
Hotel Paseo, Palm Desert
The Governance Leadership Academy provides seasoned elected officials with a forum to learn and share insight about effective and ethical leadership. Experienced speakers and colleagues will cover the elements of effective governance leadership and how that can mold risk management culture into the business process within your agency. You will learn to better lead your board or council by understanding concepts, principles, and applications of leadership.
- The role of the elected official in risk management
- Keys to becoming an effective leader
- How to transition from campaign to governance
- Avoiding ethical crisis
- Goal setting
- Social media
- Managing relationships between your board or council and upper management
- The Authority’s tools and resources
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The academy is geared toward elected officials in office longer than their initial two years.