HAZWOPER - Awareness Level
The initial responders at the HAZWOPER Awareness level are trained to initiate an emergency response sequence by notifying the proper authorities. The training will review the identification of hazardous material classifications, hazardous substances, spill leak procedures, release types, chemical first aid, and notification requirements. Evacuation procedures are provided to participants that are likely to witness or discover a hazardous substance release.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Site Characterization and Analysis
- Release Types (Incidental Release, Incidental Emergency Response And Emergency Response)
- Identification and Recognition of Container Shapes and Markings
- The Department of Transportation (DOT) Emergency Response Guidebook
- Understanding Mitigation Action and Techniques
CalOSHA Title 8, Section 5192.
Who Should Attend:
Employees Who Have Potential Hazardous Materials Exposure