Designed for the entry level manager And supervisors, the Management Academy Basics of Effective Supervision presents participants with unique approaches to help improve the performance, motivation, and commitment of employees in an ever more complex and regulated employment environment. You explore their role as a manager supervisor, understand how values and ethics impact decisions, are shown a decision making process appropriate for public sector managers, discuss techniques to provide orientation, training, and delegation, learn the four elements of effective performance appraisals, and engage in role play reinforcement. Using the Job Person Environment Assessment, attendees are presented with the opportunity to explore their perceptions about the behavioral requirements of their jobs, their preferred behavior patterns, and their perceptions about their work environment. Registration Fee California JPIA member cost, no hotel $175.00, or with hotel $375.00.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, email@example.com, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Embracing the Role And Expectations of A Manager or Supervisor
- How Values and Ethics Impact Decisions
- Applying the Most Appropriate Managerial Style to Individuals and Situations
- The Importance of Orientation and Training
- A Four Step Method for on the Job Instruction
- The Four Elements to an Effective Performance Review
Who Should Attend:
Entry Level Manager And Supervisor Personnel