Insurance 101 & Contractual Risk Transfer
Contractual risk transfer and insurance review protect agencies against financial loss when entering into agreements with outside parties for services or third parties who use agency property. This training provides the basic principles of contractual risk transfer and an overview of insurance.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Types of Insurance General Liability, Auto, Professional and Workers' Compensation
- Basic Principles of Insurance
- Basic Principals of Contractual Risk Transfer
- Identifying Contract Risk Exposures
- Reviewing Certificates of Insurance and Endorsements
- Reviewing Department Specific Agreements
- Managing Insurance Tracking
- Specific Examples That Relate to the Hosting Agency
Who Should Attend:
Employees Who Work With Contracts Or Review Insurance