Risk Management Academy
This Academy will provide the essential building blocks to develop, establish, and embed risk management as a business process within your agency. You will learn to manage better their agency risk by understanding the basic concepts, principles, and applications of risk management. Also, participants will gain a better understanding of The Authority tools and resources, along with skills necessary to achieve buy-in from upper management to create and support a healthy risk management culture. This Academy covers one module of the 5 module Risk Management Practitioner (RMP) Program. Additional information regarding the RMP Program may be found here https://www.cpshr.us/training-center/risk-management/ Those interesting in attending this academy must first complete a request for registration and be selected to participate. The attendance of this academy is limited to 30 participants.
If you are a person with a disability and need accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Unique Loss Exposures of Public Entities
- Consequences of Ineffective Risk Management
- The Purpose of Risk Management in the Public Sector
- Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required to Manage Risk
- Importance of Root Cause Analysis
- Contractual Risk Transfer and Insurance Review
- Nuances of Claims and Loss Control
- Importance of Investigating Claims and Preserving Evidence
- Review of the Most Important Aspects of Workers' Compensation
- Disability Management and Early Return to Work
Who Should Attend:
The Academy is designed for those having primary risk management responsibility and that managing their agency’s risk exposure.