Risk Management Academy
This Academy will provide the essential building blocks to develop, establish, and embed risk management as a business process within your agency. You will learn to manage better their agency risk by understanding the basic concepts, principles, and applications of risk management. Also, participants will gain a better understanding of The Authority tools and resources, along with skills necessary to achieve buy in from upper management to create and support a healthy risk management culture. This Academy covers one module of the 5 module Risk Management Practitioner (RMP) Program. Additional information regarding the RMP Program may be found here https://www.cpshr.us/training-center/risk-management/ Those interesting in attending this academy must first complete an application process and be selected to participate. The attendance of this academy is limited to 25 participants.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, email@example.com, within two business days of the training date, noting that The Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Unique Loss Exposures Of Public Entities
- Consequences Of Ineffective Risk Management
- The Purpose Of Risk Management In The Public Sector
- Technical And Behavioral Competencies Required To Manage Risk
- Importance Of Root Cause Analysis
- Contractual Risk Transfer And Insurance Review
- Nuances Of Claims And Loss Control
- Importance Of Investigating Claims And Preserving Evidence
- Review Of The Most Important Aspects Of Workers Compensation
- Disability Management And Early Return To Work
Topics CoveredUnique Loss Exposures Of Public Entities,
Consequences Of Ineffective Risk Management,
The Purpose Of Risk Management In The Public Sector,
Technical And Behavioral Competencies Required To Manage
Who Should Attend:
The Academy is designed for those having primary risk management responsibility and that managing their agency’s risk exposure.