Cell Phones in the Workplace Are a Dangerous Distraction
Many of the nearly 3 billion text messages sent each day are sent from and received by people at work. There has been an increase in workplace injuries and death related to text messaging and cell phone use. This course explains why we should not use cell phones for personal reasons during work hours and provides real life examples of what has happened to people when they used a cell phone while working.
In one case a woman who was texting in the production area dropped her phone in the machinery, and when she instinctively reached for it got her hand caught. You will also be shown how to recognize and respond to unsafe cell phone use. Watch this safety training course for practical information about cell phone use in the workplace.
- Example 1: Distracted Forklift Operator
- Cell Phone & Texting Policies
- Example 2: Machine Hazards
- Emergency Contact Procedures
- Approved Cell Phone Use
- Example 3: Chemical Contamination Hazards
- Recognizing and Responding to Unsafe Cell Phone Use
Who Should Attend: