Heat Illness - Refresher Training
Every year thousands of workers become ill or, in the most severe cases, die due to heat illness while working in hot environments.
This refresher class reviews supervisors’ responsibilities under Cal-OSHA regulation Title 8, section 3395 to train their employees on preventative and emergency measures and take steps at the worksite to prevent heat illness. Information sources and mobile device applications to monitor worksite conditions are described.
- Heat Exhaustion and Heat Stroke
- Risk Factors That Can Increase
- Chances Of Developing Heat Illness
- Preventative Actions And Cal-OSHA Regulatory Requirements
- Access To Shade
- Hydration and Rest Periods
- Emergency Steps And First Aid Measures
CalOSHA Title 8, Section 3395
Who Should Attend:
Employees Working Outdoors