Newly Elected Officials Academy
The Academy addresses how to be a productive member of a governing body and how to work within the legal, financial, and structural constraints of local government. Speakers also address the Council and Board Members roles with risk management issues that are thrust upon the agency civil rights violations, street design defects, and lawsuits from personnel.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, email@example.com, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Fundamentals of Local Government
- Finance Basics
- Polishing the Professional Image
- The Council Member's Role
- The California JPIA
- A Practical Guide to Immunities and Defenses Available to Public Agencies
- A Practical Guide to Media Relations
- The Board Member's Role
Who Should Attend:
All Newly Elected Officials