Preventing Substance Abuse in the Workplace: Safety Sensitive Positions
Agencies must provide information about drug use and treatment resources to safety sensitive drivers and employees who are required to obtain a commercial driver license. An overview of the effects of controlled substances in the workplace, identification of controlled substances, drug testing protocols, reasonable cause, and rehabilitation will be presented.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Awareness of Substance Abuse Problems in the Workplace
- Identifying Types of Controlled Substances, Including the Following
- Understanding the Effects Of Controlled Substances
- The Duties of Managers, Supervisors, Medical Review Officers, and Substance Abuse
- Drug Testing Protocols
- Reasonable Cause Protocols
CFR 49 Part 382
Who Should Attend:
Employees Who Are Designated As A Safety Sensitive Position