Traffic Control & Flagging Safety
Through a combination of demonstration, lecture, slides, and hands on exercises, this training presents the most recent state and federal guidelines on work zone safety and best practices. The course is designed to meet the different needs of crews working on local streets, low volume roads, and high speed arterials.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, email@example.com, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- The Need (and Requirements) to Protect the Driving Public and Work Zone Crews
- Why Fatalities Occur at Work Zones
- Developing Traffic Control Plans in Accordance with State and Federal Guidelines
- How to Select and Install Actual Devices, Including Newly Available Equipment
- How to Use The W.A.T.C.H. Manual
- How To Set Up and Conduct Flagger Operations
- Safety Equipment and Markings, Their Uses and Limitations in Various Conditions
- Liability Issues and Actions to Reduce Risk of Personal Injury and Agency Liability
CalOSHA Title 8, Section 1598
Who Should Attend:
Employees Who Are Responsible For Traffic Control