AC Pipe - Initial Training
The Asbestos Cement Pipe Worker Initial training provides the education required by Cal-OSHA for member agencies who repair breaks in AC pipes. The training includes a hands-on session that gives the students experience in constructing a mini chamber, setting up a regulated area, and performing a pipe cutting simulation.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email firstname.lastname@example.org within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Identifying Asbestos
- Health Effects of Asbestos Exposure
- Types of Asbestos Cement Pipe Products
- Practices and Procedures for Minimizing Asbestos Exposure During Operations
- Respirator Protection and PPE
- Disassembling and Reassembling of Respirators
- Review of Laws and Regulations
- Hands-On Instruction
CalOSHA Title 8, Section 341.17
Who Should Attend:
Employees Who Repair Breaks In AC Pipe