Human Resources Academy
Employees that are responsible for human resources and employee relations can play a vital role in limiting their Agency liability in employment and management practices. This three day academy is held in a hotel setting away from the office and limited to 25 participants. It provides essential training for human resources management and support staff and offers basic theory, as well as practical knowledge and techniques necessary for everyday problem solving.
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate, please contact the California JPIA training division by email, email@example.com, within two business days of the training date, noting that the Authority is closed on Fridays.
- Employment Practices Lessons Learned From Recent Claims and Case Law
- Employment Policies and Procedures
- Creating Valuable Documentation
- Practical Tips for Reducing Your Agency’s Workers' Compensation Costs
- Workplace Investigations
- Effective Performance Measurement and Management Tools
- Screening Procedures
- Creating a Culture of Mentoring
- The Executive Director City Manager and Human Resources Relationship
- The California JPIA and How it Can Help You and Your Agency Avoid Problems
Who Should Attend:
All Human Resources Employees