The California JPIA’s Parks and Recreation Academy focuses on the challenges and responsibilities of managers and supervisors in parks and recreation and provide them with knowledge, techniques and solutions. With best practices in mind, this academy proposes strategies for developing new programs, evaluating existing programs, writing grants, considering ADA requirements, staffing, and providing safe environments in parks and aquatic centers.
In an interactive environment, participants discuss the risks and hazards unique to parks and recreation, and explore innovative, effective and creative answers to their questions.
- Parks and recreation risk management
- Workers’ compensation for parks and recreation
- Emergency management planning for special events
- Playground safety and defending your agency against playground litigation
- Background checks, volunteers and part-time employees
- Aquatics center operation
- Participant waivers
- Lawsuit proofing your public facilities
- Contractual risk transfer and insurance review
- Managing social media risks
WHO CAN ATTEND?
The academy is designed for all parks and recreation management-level personnel.